Looking for a new smoothie recipe to mix it up? This blend is a celebration of spring, with strawberries and spinach added to a base of bananas and dairy-free nut milks. Strawberries are an excellent source of Vitamins C and K, and spinach is a nutritional powerhouse that's one of the best sources of dietary potassium and magnesium, as well as several other vitamins and minerals. Both are high in dietary fiber, which plays a huge role in good gut health.
Most importantly, this smoothie is delicious! As the weather begins to warm, doesn't it sound nice to sit outside this weekend and sip a yummy smoothie from a pretty straw? Or from an old beer mug or your toddler's sippy cup... whatever's handy, we won't judge!
We used a Vitamix to blend our smoothie. If you have a smaller blender, you might want to reduce the ingredients proportionally by 1/3 or so to accommodate its size. Serve immediately, or store leftovers in lidded jars in your fridge for a healthy mid-day treat. Either way, this smoothie is sure to be a hit!
This recipe serves four, or two with extra left over.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 1/2 c. frozen strawberries
- 1 c. frozen chopped spinach
- 1 13.5 fl oz can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 c. cold water
- 1 c. Unsweetened almond milk
- honey to taste (optional)
- Peel bananas and place in bottom of blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into drinking glasses or mason jars and serve. Enjoy!