Granola is unbelievably simple to make, and the combinations are endless. This recipe combines roasted tamari almonds with coconut sugar and maple syrup for a salty-sweet breakfast treat. We love to add pumpkin seeds for extra health benefits, and we think that Dang's Unsweetened Lightly Salted Coconut Chips add the perfect finishing touch to this tasty granola!
If you don't eat gluten, make sure to use gluten-free oats in the recipe. Though oats are naturally gluten-free, they're often contaminated with wheat or other gluten-containing grains somewhere along the way between the field and your kitchen. We love Bob's Red Mill Old Fashioned Gluten-Free Oats because they're produced in a dedicated gluten-free facility.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 c. Unsweetened Lightly Salted Dang Coconut Chips
- 1 1/2 c. tamari almonds
- 1/4 c. pumpkin seeds
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c. Buttery Spread
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a large bowl, stir oats, cinnamon, coconut sugar, sea salt, and tamari almonds until well blended.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, warm Buttery Spread, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until melted. Pour over the ingredients and mix well.
Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread mixture onto sheet evenly. Bake for 25-28 minutes, stirring lightly halfway through. Color should be light brown; take care so it doesn't get too dark.
- Add Coconut Chips to the baking sheet for the last few minutes so they brown just slightly.
- Remove tray from oven and transfer granola to a bowl to allow it to cool.