For people who can't eat dairy (or choose not to), there are some things that just can't be replaced. Delicately aged rich French cheese. A milkshake from a seaside shack on a sunny day at the beach. Rich, chocolate frosting on your favorite cake.
But hold up. That last one? You can eat that! With our Buttery Spread, all kinds of tasty treats can be made dairy-free. It can be substituted 1:1 in almost any baking recipe, and its high heat tolerance makes it a great choice for the oven.
Many oil-based butter substitutes contain flavors and preservatives, but our Buttery Spread is made with just clean, healthy organic ingredients. Avocado, almond, and certified sustainable palm oils are blended with sea salt and just a touch of turmeric. No hydrogenated oils or preservatives, just organic buttery goodness. It's a truly delicious spread, and it just happens to make the tastiest dairy-free frosting we've ever tried. (And trust me, we've tried a lot of them.)
In addition to Buttery Spread, the recipe also calls for Almondmilk. We've tried it separately with our Barista and our Unsweetened milks, and both work equally well. This frosting would be a fun way to put our either our Baker's Pack or Sampler Pack to good use. It's also kid-friendly, especially when paired with a boxed cake mix that you might already have in your pantry.
Note: This recipe doesn't include the cake. We think this is a fun way to use box mixes you might already have in your pantry, especially if you're baking with kids. Just make sure to bake the cake first and allow it to cool before applying the frosting!
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. Buttery Spread (room temp)
- 1/3 c. cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsp Almondmilk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a medium bowl, sift powdered sugar and cocoa powder until well mixed.
- In a stand mixer (or in a second small bowl using a hand mixer), beat Buttery Spread until fluffy and light, occasionally scraping the sides.
- Add half of the dry ingredients and 2 Tbsp. of Almondmilk. Blend until throughly combined.
- Add second half of the dry ingredients, the remaining Almondmilk, and vanilla. Blend until well mixed.
- Spread onto cake and serve. Enjoy with a tall glass of cold Almondmilk!