These dairy-free rolls are a perfect companion for a holiday meal. Rich and warm, they're the best non-dairy rolls we've ever tried.
This recipe calls for both our Buttery Spread and Unsweetened almond milk, so you might want to grab a Baker's Pack to cover all your bases.
- 4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 packets rapid rise yeast
- 4 Tbsp. sugar*
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c. Unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 c. water
- 4 Tbsp. Buttery Spread
- 1 tsp. Buttery Spread (melted)
*You can substitute honey or coconut nectar for the sugar, if you'd prefer. Just make sure to reduce the amount of water in the recipe by 1/2 tsp's worth or so.
- Combine water, Buttery Spread, and Unsweetened almond milk in a saucepan and warm to a temperature of 120-130ºF. Gently pour the mixture into a stand mixer equipped with a dough hook and add the yeast packets. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
- With mixer on low, add remaining 2 c. of flour, a 1/2 cup at a time, until fully integrated and a soft dough is formed.
- Increase speed to high and mix for 8 minutes.
- Remove dough hook and cover mixing bowl with a clean, dry towel. Place somewhere warm and away from drafts; let sit for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 15 equally sized pieces, and shape each into a ball. Place into well-greased rectangular baking dish. Cover with a clean, dry towel, and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until dough has doubled in size (about 30 minutes).
- Bake in preheated 375ºF oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove pan from oven and brush with melted Buttery Spread. Return to oven for 2 min to brown further.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Serve warm right from the pan.
Rolls can be frozen in a heavy-duty freezer bag to enjoy at a later date. When you thaw the rolls, warm in a 325ºF oven for 10 minutes, and brush with melted Buttery Spread.